Information on the issuance of a Section 60i Certificate and where it fits in the mediation process

It is in your children’s best interest for you and your ex-partner to work together as parents even though you are no longer partners.

That’s why the Family Law Act requires separated parents to attend family dispute resolution (also referred to as mediation) as the process to discuss and agree on parental arrangements if you can’t work it out between yourselves.

In the event that you are not able to work things out via mediation, or if the mediator believes your situation is not appropriate for mediation or if you try via mediation but the agreement breaks down within 12 months of the mediation, the mediator can issue a Section 60i Certificate.

How the Certificate fits into the Court process

Share this post

Ready to get started? Call us on 1300 392 312

Alternatively, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.

Please leave this field empty.

Get the good oil with TRN’s free education series – The Squeaky Wheel.

Filled with practical tips and proven techniques to help you manage those tough conversations and better manage change. Delivered direct to you every two months.

Please leave this field empty.